SOLVED: Noticeable Builder Lag Using ACSS

FACTS:

• Bricks builder is great
  • It often results in an abundance of admin requests causing CPU overload and therefore super slow editor/site (which is an issue if you have more live sites on the server)
  • This has been reported many times
  • Bricks team is aware of the issue, but have not been able to solve it (yet)

Until then, we have to deal with it… use chrome, minimal tabs open, refresh when slow.

HOWEVER: it would be appreciated if Bricks devs/support keep us updated and always acknowledge the issue

exactly, since those things are issues i communicated that. very sorry. and if you look on first comment from your screenshot. there you will see a “nice, very nice! thanks!” for getting global options with animations. :kissing_heart:

If this is what you call “communicating” I recommend the following: https://www.voiceproinc.com/respect-a-communication-skill-that-brings-the-world-together/. But let’s leave it at that at this point. All the best to you.

2 Likes

yes all the best. ciao :kissing_heart:

Turned on auto-saving in bricks could be the problem!

Hi guys,
Sorry for the late reply.

We are currently working on a solution for the CPU/RAM performance problem, which is not necessarily related to ACSS. In the best case, however, working with > xxx classes will also be accelerated.

You can see for yourself how much the opinions and feelings in this thread differ: for some it is unacceptable, and for others, it works without problems.

@Nerdtech With so few elements, a lag of this magnitude is inexplicable. Have you had a look at the Bricks system information? Is everything displayed in green? If not, you should adjust the values as described. In addition to this, I like to quote David’s tips:

Best regards,
timmse

3 Likes

Thanks for your response however I have done all this but the lag still persists. The only thing that helps is refreshing the page and for a short while it works ok.

It’s a shame as using ACSS is a must for me and right now I can’t use Bricks to create my website with it enabled. I am hopeful it will be fixed soon but realize it’s not up to Bricks developers to support other plugins.

Thanks anyway.

2 Likes

exact same issues here. only some elements on page. but incredible lags.

For those of you who suffer constant lags, try installing this chrome extension:

Run it while you are using Bricks with ACSS/whatever. It will record your screen, your dev console and some other stuff. Then send it to their support email and if possible, a login account for them to test it out for themselves.

Hopefully it will capture important information as to why Bricks is lagging.

The more information we can give them, the faster they can find the evil gremlin responsible for the lag!

1 Like

The last couple of days it’s really un-workable. (Latest version of Chrome on Windows 11)
Reloading the builder after every minor update/save and even then sometimes updates are not saved.
Followed all recommendations suggested above.

Are there any browsers which do not suffer from this or isn’t it browser-related?

1 Like

tried most browsers here. not matter if blank without extensions or some active… edge, chrome, fireforx, vivaldi, brave… :confused:

On large pages, saving (or at least some complex / big ) sections as a template and inserting them as a template seems to help.
And maybe that’s not too bad as a way of working either :wink:

It’s something that needs to be resolved… period …

And they already acknowledged it and are working on it so that is good.

It does take long though so it is not a simple issue, hope it gets resolved soon @thomas

Bricks is really the best builder I have used in 10 years :wink:

After installing 1.6 I have noticed the lag has been substantially reduced for me. Has anyone else noticed this?

Same lags for me, as soon as there are many elements on the page, and whatever I can do or the browser I use. I have some big projects to come including one in progress, where I would have liked to use Bricks, if I can’t use it, I will come back to Oxygen.

Try adding this to your wpconfig.php file:-

/** Increases the memory limit from 40M to 256M. */
define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );

1 Like

Thank you @Nico_S .
That could be the reason for the problem.
I did that, but when I look at Bricks → “System Information” the memory limit is still 40MB ?

Might it be that your hosting company will not allow this to be changed from the default?

no changes with 2056mb assigned… :slight_smile:

1 Like

put it at the beggining of the php file not at the end.

1 Like