SOLVED: Image element displaying User profile photo - how?

How do I get the Image element to display a users profile photo?
Under the image dynamic data I can select User Profile -profile photo. But nothing is displayed.

I have a member plugin, Ultimate Member, that provides a users profile including a photo. But this doesn’t seem to be picked up.
If a user has no photo then shouldn’t it fall back to use the default Gravatar image? Yes these are enabled.

Other values can be retrieved from the User Profile. e.g. I can include the {username} in a heading element and this works.

Tried this on 1.3.7beta and 1.3.6. Also tried with and without UM installed.

What am I doing wrong to fail to get the dynamic image to show?

Cheers
Alan

Hi Alan,

this is a known bug and not your fault. It will be fixed in the upcoming 1.3.7 :slight_smile:

Best regards,
timmse

Ah thanks. I must be even more patient.

Not too long anymore :wink:

1 Like

Hi Alan, the author avatar image (dynamic data) should now show on frontend in Bricks 1.3.7 (but the size isn’t changeable :smirk:). Can you confirm it is showing for you?

Yes thanks. I now have avatar images. Also I can change their size using Layout Max Width for example. Or do you mean something else by size?

Yeah I meant the size-dropdown. It stays at large (already added it to the bug-tracker).

Bildschirmfoto 2022-01-27 um 21.57.30

Ah ok. Odd when I first looked at this I could see the usual variety of sizes, although I didn’t change. But now it is stuck at just “Large” … doesn’t even show the (1024x1024) part.
Odder … I changed from Profile Picture to Author Avatar and back again. Now I see the full drop down but can only select the Large (1024x1024)
But I expect you know all that. lol

1 Like

Oops back again.

So I have tried to create a Query loop of users.
I can display the Gravatar for each user by selecting “Profile Picture”. This works, as above.
However I have a membership plugin ( Ultimate Member ) which creates a profile for each user that includes a photo. I have added the photo but all I can get displayed is the Gravatar.
How can I display the actual users profile photo? ( and only display Gravatar or the Mystery photo if no actual photo set ) ? Is this possible?
I’m trying to reproduce the loop shown in the Query loop video at 16minutes. In that the image is set to “Avatar” but I don’t even see that option, just “Author Avatar” which again just shows a Gravatar monster.

Cheers
Alan

Hi Alan, sorry, but I’m not familiar with Ultimate Member at all.

The avatar image Thomas uses in the video is an ACF image (he says so in the video).

If no Ultimate Member fields are selectable in the dynamic data dropdown, they are currently not supported - and then this is clearly a case for the Idea Board :slight_smile:

Oh, that’ll teach me to not have the sound on!

I assume that UM adds the Profile Photo field to the normal WP profile, as the photos show up there.
I’ll see what they save it as. Will also test PMP, then raise an Idea if needed.

Thanks

1 Like

FYI:
I’ve tested both Ultimate Member and Paid Membership Pro. Both allow uploading of a profile photo that is then used throughout wordpress. But Bricks doesn’t pick up either.

Spoken with the UM devs and they are happy to talk but confirmed that UM is not, currently, integrated with Bricks

So I have raised an Idealog to request Memberships Plugin integrations. Hopefully it gets approved and upvoted.

Cheers
Alan

1 Like

Hi Alan, thanks for taking care of this!