SOLVED: Have to re-apply all the animate effect with 1.6-Beta

I’m not sure which category I should report this issue. However, I think the bug is suitable.

I noticed that the animate effect option has already been moved to the interaction setting from the Layout Tab, which did not mention in the documentation(and Video) for the Interaction. So now the animate effect won’t work as all the attributes for the animate effect have been removed from the HTML markup. I believe this would cost a lot of work for users who heavily use animated effects. I think it’s better to provide an option like a converter would be great.

3 Likes

Hi @jornes,

Thank you so much for bringing this up.

The “Animations” under “Style > Layout” have been deprecated in 1.6 beta before the converter for them was finished :no_mouth: So ya, I can confirm this bug.

Any existing animation settings should still show in the panel, but won’t actually run due to the new Interactions animation logic.

The current idea is to provide a new converter option under “Bricks > Settings > General > Convert” that allows you to convert all existing entry animations into Interactions.

Now that we have the new Interactions leaving the old entry animations seems redundant & a pain to maintain, so we prefer to retire those.

Thoughts?

Hi Thomas,
Thank you for your reply!

It’s glad to hear that a converter for this is in progress. So, once converted, all the animation settings will be stored in the Interaction setting, correct?

Hi Thomas,

thanks for the explanation. Will it be possible with new interactions to create animations on a class based level, not only id level anymore?

Correct.

I am afraid not. As the animations themselves are CSS classes too (.brx-animated, etc.), assigning interactions to a global class is not possible.

What you can do though is create your own animation classes somewhere central like “Bricks > Settings > Custom Code” and then create an Interaction with trigger “Add class” that adds your custom animation calss to the element. While you are still able to fully control the animation (keyframes and all) yourself in case you want to tweak the animation in the future from one central place.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback, Thomas. At least we do have some workaround for global animations …

1 Like

Alright. Thanks Thomas!

so we can finally use class based animation? would be very bad if not.

1 Like

Class-based animate effect seems not possible, as Thomas replied.

how to make things unscalable. very sad.

1 Like

and another converter and another non class based solution :confused:

Hey Jornes,
Bricks 1.6 (Beta 2) contains a converter option to convert existing animations to interactions.
Please let us know if you encounter any issues.

You can download it manually in your account:
https://bricksbuilder.io/account/?v=1.6-beta2

Best regards,
timmse

2 Likes

Hi Thomas,

Some nice little fixes in the B2 :muscle:

Has this now been overcome?

The reason I ask is the Changelog says…

I wasn’t sure if it was interactions (+ -) animations?

Many thanks

Mick

hi @timmse
Thank you for the update!

Will do. :wink:

Hey Mick,
Yes, it is now possible to assign an interaction (that contains an animation) to a class, so you’re able to change the animation type, duration etc. globally.

4 Likes

Here is a screenshot of an element with entry animation - before and after conversion. Is this how it supposed to look like?

1 Like

Hey,
If you look at the page source, yes. The " admittedly makes it look violent - but it “translates” to something like this: