SOLVED: Custom fonts are duplicated after adding

Hey Jacek,
Thanks for persevering and trying it out! At least we have a clue to look at. I have added the problem with the zlib compression to the bug tracker.

If you donā€™t have a server with Litespeed I can set up a separate WP instance on Litespeed at my provider for you, so you can do any tests you want without worrying about damaging the site.

Last response from provider:

ā€œUnfortunately, we are unable to help in this matter, the operation of scripts (including font saving) and related problems depend on the logical layer of the application used - we have no influence on it. The creators of the plugin must verify this issue and probably make changes to the code to solve this problem.ā€

Due to the fact that no one wants to help me I am still looking for information, I found two interesting WP team threads, I am outgrowing my understanding of them, so maybe this will help you.

https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22430
https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/18525

What exactly about WIP in the title and my answer is misleading, or conveys to you that we donā€™t want to help you (rhetorical question)?

That is, you do not want WP instance on litespeed server? :slight_smile:

No thanks, we donā€™t need it.

Hi Jacek,

Weā€™ve fixed this issue in Bricks 1.8 beta 2, now available as a manual download in your account.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues. It works perfectly fine on my LiteSpeed Server.

As with any beta release, please do not use it on any production/live website. It is only meant for testing in a local/staging environment.

Hi guys,

I am encountering the same issue using google fonts where multiple font weights are available.
Bricks is downloading all weights instead of using the specified one. Also this results in a really big fonts.css file (+200kb). After investigation it seems that there is an issue with the url as I assume there must be an iteration which appends ... _go.iteration_count.font_format to the current font family.

Reproduce on fresh setup:

1. Put website to maintenance mode
  2. Create a single template and assign to maintenance
  3. Edit template with bricks & create two text elements
  4. Use any font from google one first text element (choose any weight)
  5. Use M PLUS 1P on second font (weight=400)
  6. Publish and inspect

You will see the google fonts url includes all available weights for M PLUS 1P instead of the selected one only (400). You can inspect the css and see that the same font family gets loaded over and over.

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
I fixed this by adding the fonts manually but discovered the next issue. If you add fonts manually and call them the same name like it is available in Google Fonts, bricksbuilder will include the remote Google Fonts css, which it shouldnā€™t. You have to name it differrently or pre - / su - ffix the name.

PS.: I want to use this opertunity to pitch that replacing google fonts with bunny fonts could solve GDPR issues for european designers while maintaining functionality.

Maybe itā€™s better to move this topic to a new thread

1 Like

Hi @n1xn,
Would you be so kind as to create a new thread for your issue and also attach a short screencast showing and explaining the issue?

Since your issue is about google fonts, itā€™s completely different to the original report. Thanks :v: