SOLVED: Container can be saved as global element but is empty when recalled

Bricks Version: 1.4

Hi,

I thought that containers could not be saved as global elements (it seemed so when I tested it before, maybe 1.4RC2).

It seems it is possible now, but when I do it, the recalled element is always an empty container :frowning:

The original container transformed into global on the origin page is OK though.

Hi Yan,
Thanks so much for your report!

I was able to reproduce the issue and added it to our bug tracker.

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

Hey Yan,
After consulting with Thomas I learned that we both obviously have wrong expectations :smiley:

When you save an element as a global element you save the selected element only.
Its children are not saved as those are different elements.

If a container contains other elements, and you’d like to save all of them, you have to save it as a template, not a global element. So this is not a bug :smiley:

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

:rofl: OK got it!

Maybe some warning at save time could help?

Or an additional note here:

1 Like

It took me a while to find this topic. I spent a long time trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.

The video below ends up confusing a lot, because the layout on the screen shows a container with several images inside. I thought I would be able to save a section and all child elements.

Hey Andres,
No, the video shows the image gallery element, which is a single element :sunglasses:

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

It would be wonderful to have the Reusable function in Bricks Builder. It is very useful in Oxygen Builder.