SOLVED: Active typography colour in mobile menu

Bricks Version: 1.4.0.2
Browser: All
URL: (a link to a page that illustrates the issue would be really helpful)

There is a hardwired colour in Bricks for the active menu item colour in the mobile menu (in both top and submenu levels):
color: var(–bricks-color-cepqtr);
The only way this can be changed is via custom css with !important. Trying to use active typography colour or active pseudo class doesn’t work. As far as I can see most of the active settings don’t work. Also why are there active settings in the nav menu content settings as well as pseudo state? It’s confusing.

Hi Simon,
Thanks so much for your report!

Yes, there is a default styling, but in each menu tab, there are also settings for active menu items (which should override the default value). Have you tried this?

Best regards,
timmse

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I had already tried these. Inspecting the css on the page I can see the colour I have chosen as active being overridden by the default colour. You can see in the screenshot that I had set green but the blue is still being used.
Screenshot 2022-07-01 at 16.18.33
This also happens for the submenu active colour. The only way I can sort this is via custom css.
Cheers,
Simon

I should add that I’m on a trial site, not sure if that would make any difference.

Hi Simon,
you have set the desktop breakpoint to green and the tablet portrait breakpoint to blue. This means that the active menu item on the desktop breakpoint is green, as soon as you reduce the viewport to lower than 992px it gets blue. I guess the screenshot was taken on a smaller breakpoint than the desktop and that’s why the desktop color gets overridden.

Best regards,
timmse

Hi timmse,
Good spot! All working now thanks.
It does show an issue that I think someone else requested that when you are editing an element, the device size icons should be marked in some way (different colour, yellow dot etc.) if the settings for that element have been changed. It would make it much easier to see if you had a rogue setting somewhere.

Thanks,
Simon

Hi Simon,
Thanks for the suggestion, we’ll keep that in mind for one of the next versions.

Best regards,
timmse