SOLVED: [1.3.5-beta] Feature Image not loading on frontend

Bricks Version: 1.3.5(Beta)
Browser: Chrome 90
URL: https://s.jt.my(installed on staging site)

Hi Bricks team,

I’m not sure if it’s just me, I noticed that the page’s featured image is not loading on frontend but works well in the backend.

When I view the source, I don’t find the CSS with the background image.

Below is the screenshot is taken from the staging site that has 1.3.5 installed.

Below is the screenshot is taken from my live site. You can find the background image is there.

I assume this is a bug, correct?

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you!

Regards,
Jornes

[Please describe in as much detail as possible how we can replicate this bug]

Hi Jornes,

I cannot reproduce your problem. Background images working fine. I think your problem is related to caching. I see you´re using LiteSpeed Cache. Try to disable it (or clear the cache), regenerate the Bricks CSS if you´re using external files and see if the problem still exists.

Best Regards,
timmse

1 Like

@timmse

Correct. I am using WP LS Cache and EWWW Image Optimizer.
Unfortunately, I tried deactivating both but still the same issue.

Hmm, have you tried to add another container with a background image?
If that works, recreate the container where the problem occurs. Maybe something got messed up in between…

1 Like

If I change the featured image to normal background image, it works. Only the feature image not loading on the front-end.

Sorry, I missed that. You´re right, the dynamic featured image does not show up on the frontend. It won´t show up in the CSS at all.

So, this is a bug! Confirmed!
:smiley:

2 Likes

It’s great you can reproduce that. I expect this to be addressed in the next release (beta or final release). :smiley::smiley::smiley:

Thank you @timmse !!

2 Likes

I have a similar problem. Reported to devs. Confirmed bug. Fixed already internally. Will be in stable 1.3.5. You can mark this as solved.
Best regards,
Goran

3 Likes

Hello @jornes, @timmse, @tole011

Yes, we confirmed the bug. The background image fails in the frontend when we use dynamic data. We’ll provide a fix in the stable version of 1.3.5.

Thank you for your report.

2 Likes

Alright.
Thank you! Luis. I have spotted the changelog already updated with the 1.3.5 version. So I am waiting for the version to be available for download.