SOLVED/WORKAROUND: Slider Screen Glitch

I don’t know for sure, if this is just something on my end or not, but I’m using the Bricks slider widget, two slides, delay: 7000, animate: 700, background images from Unsplash, no arrows, no dots, but after each slide on Safari browser (I don’t notice it on Chrome), there is a screen flash of white, almost like something is displaying and then immediately disabling…

This is currently live on my site https://staging2.rightsyntax.com, until I can solve the issue.

Bricks Version: 1.3.6
Browser: Safari 15.2
URL: https://staging2.rightsyntax.com

[Please describe in as much detail as possible how we can replicate this bug]

Hi Rich,

you’re right, there is something strange in Safari. It seems to be a bug with swiper.js, which has already been reported to the swiper devs. Check out the swiper demos on their website, the same problem though :confused:

As long as swiper.js does not provide a fix, there is nothing we can do about it.

Best regards,
timmse

Hey @timmse,

Thank you for confirming my that is happening, strangely it will do 3 or 4 loops without doing it and then start again.

Being the issue was reported back in April '20, it doesn’t appear to be high on the repair list for swiper, how would you recommend adding the css that is listed as fix/workaround in the meantime, can I just add custom css to the widget element? Something like:

root .swiper-slide {
-webkit-transform: translateZ(0);
-webkit-backface-visibility: hidden;
}

Jep, that should probably work! Just add it to the specific slider element place it in Bricks » Settings » Custom CSS (without the root). Let me know if it works :slight_smile:

@timmse,

This little bit of css appears to have fixed the issue, maybe this could be added to the core, and this thread can be marked as Solved.

1 Like

Hey @timmse Should this temp fix be considered as part of Bricks core until the fix is released by swiper.js?

Difficult @Michael , because I’m sure there’s a reason why the fix hasn’t been installed yet - even though it’s so old and swiper is updated regularly. :smirk:

So I think it is probably better to mention the fix, without giving a warranty.