WIP: Single Page template design isn't showing when editing a page

No, that settings just disables automatic display of the header for the whole site, for example.

If you check that, you have to apply conditions to every template you create. If it’s unchecked, header and footer will be shown on the whole page automatically.

Strange, look at what I get now…

Header (Template) - Google Chrome - 15 August 2022 - Watch Video

I wonder if that’s what Thomas meant by that option. I wasn’t sure what it was going to be from what he wrote :thinking:

I think it meant instead of {post title} it will show the dynamic title etc

1 Like

SOLVED: I just deleted the template (header), started over and now it works as it’s supposed to… Who know what it was

I still see this issue myself too… Headers and Footers load fine when editing a page, but not my Single Page template (i.e. if my Single Page template involves a section for the page title to be displayed, that section won’t load when editing a page which meets the criteria for the Single Page template). Any ideas here? Have I missed something or is this still an issue today even in 1.5.4?

Example how it looks if previewed in Single Page Template editor (and is how it should look):

Example of how it looks when editing the actual Pricing page this preview is generated with: (notice the lack of page title section)

Just realized I have what I guess is a duplicate post I created a couple months ago which I totally forgot about. Editing page in Bricks won't show the Single Page template included, only Header & Footer - is this expected?

1 Like

Would love to see this fixed up in the next release. :wink: Btw I know my own post kind of duplicates this so if we want to retire the other one or something that’s totally fine as well.

While editing various pages, this continues to annoy me as I often am guessing if I have a title bar or not and more because it’s missing from the pages since Bricks isn’t showing them in the template style. Please consider fixing this sooner than later, @Thomas :slight_smile:

when i click to add new post there is this page loaded i don’t know what’s happening

Fingers crossed this is implemented in the next update (1.6.2). :crossed_fingers: This issue annoys me to no end when editing pages, it’s one of my bigger annoyances when using Bricks currently.

Is it possible for this to be fixed for 1.6.3 or 1.6.4, something relatively soon? I don’t see a “WIP” header here so not sure if this is being worked on or not.

More example / explanation: Editing page in Bricks won't show the Single Page template included, only Header & Footer - is this expected?

Cc @itchycode

The template will not work while in — draft status!

1 Like

Ouch. My bad. Thanks for pointing out!

I’ve been using page templates as well and thought this was a bit odd, too, that the page template isn’t pulled in when editing a page. We give our clients edit only access and it throws them off a bit when the page layout changes when they edit. Their initial reaction is that they broke the page lol.

1 Like

@itchycode - Hate to tag you but is it possible to visit this for the next one or two versions please?

This is an incredibly strange behaviour that’s been reported for quite a long time now with many users stating this needs to get fixed, but we haven’t seen any recent acknowledgement of this bug or commitment to improving this in the near future. Would love to get an update please. :slight_smile: Thank you kindly.

Related post too: Editing page in Bricks won't show the Single Page template included, only Header & Footer - is this expected?

Hi guys,
Thanks so much for your patience!

The topic has been on our minds from time to time over the last few months and we have discussed it a couple of times, but never reached a decision - until now.

We’ll look into finding a solution. However, implementing this in the short term (e.g. next version or something) is not possible (especially since it is not a bug but a feature). Accordingly, a little more patience is needed :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I was about to create a new topic for this issue but while editing it, this thread popup as suggested solution.

It would be really handy to have this implemented, especially as you can place the templates in the hooks now. I use it in hooks bricks_after_header and bricks_before_footer and it’s quite unituitive trying to design the page content whith these parts missing.

@timmse, any news on this one?

Thanks

1 Like

It’d be awesome if we could get an update on this please. It’s nearly the end of the year and it was last mentioned this was discussed and concluded in how to proceed back in February. Hoping this much needed improvement will finally arrive for us.

Can I share my opinion on this matter? :slight_smile: I am not at all annoyed by the fact that I do not see the entire page, that is, without parts of the template, since when editing Gutenberg we also do not see the entire site. This kind of work process suits me, but the only thing I don’t like is the full-width content.

I would like to see a “Fake Container” button that in the editor temporarily added the width and padding etc styles that I had previously configured.

Hi @timmse , could you provide any update on this issue please?