Show video based on custom field

At the moment the video element doesn’t allow you to add a dynamic source.

So when creating video post template, you cannot populate the video with unique url source.

• No dynamic data found.

Hi @Ross

Do you mean you want to add a feature that allows a video from more sources other than YouTube, Vimeo, or self-hosted?

I have a custom video post setup, with a custom field for sharing the video link (be that YT, Vimeo or whatever), the video widget won’t let me match the custom field with dynamic data from the individual post.

Ah, so it probably best as a bug then and not feature request (get responsed to faster). Because there is a an ability to to add a video dynamically.

Just for my own sanity:

1. You have created a custom text field for the link
  2. Assigned the custom link to posts or (certain posts)
  3. Added the URL in the custom field on the post you are editing in Gutenberg
  4. Open the same post with edit Bricks, clicked the video dynamic tag & added the custom field you created
  5. Saved the post
  6. View post on front end

But in your case your custom field you created and assigned to that post or post template is not showing any custom fields?

If you have done all the above then yes, i would certainly change to Bug, rather than feature request as you are not requesting a new feature, you just want a feature to work correctly.

Might be worth adding screenshots of the custom field setup against the right post or post template, and then showing the new custom field in the gutenberg editor of the post you are applying it too.

Hi — thanks for your response.

While I able to select dynamic as a source for the email, no option to choose or select a custom field come up. So yes, it appear to be a bug?