WAIT: Rankmath Sitemap Conflict with Bricks

Bricks Version: 1.1
Browser: Chrome Version 107.0.5304.107

I’m having a problem with the page sitemap loading. The others load just fine, but this one comes up with a critical error. The below text is from the Rankmath support team. It works if I switch off the image sitemap.

From Rankmath
After further debugging we noticed that the error stack points to an issue with the current integration from Bricks into our sitemap to generate the images.

The culprit function is called in the Bricks integration and is the following one: add_bricks_content_for_parse_html_images()

So, we would recommend getting in touch with the Bricks team about this situation so they can improve their integration into our sitemap.

For now, to keep the sitemap loading you can disable the option to include images from WordPress Dashboard > Rank Math > Sitemap Settings.

1 Like

I’m using latest version Bricks it work well.

1 Like

For me everything works well.

Hi,
Thanks so much for your report!

Which version are you currently using? I guess it is not 1.1, so please change the version number accordingly. Depending on which version you are using, please also test it with the recently released Bricks Beta 2: Releases – Bricks

If the problem persists, it would be nice if you could provide more information about what the problem is (steps to reproduce, examples, a live link, …), as this isn’t enough.

Best regards,
timmse

I am using version 1.1. I am still having the same problem. The page sitemap shows a critical error when I turn on the image sitemap setting in rank math. The sitemap loads correctly when this setting is switched off.

That version of Bricks is super old (released in March 2021)… have you tested upgrading to see if that issue is resolved?

Not sure but perhaps this was the fix included in 1.5.5? Changelog – Bricks

Sorry, the child theme is 1.1. The main theme version is 1.5.7

I’m also on the latest stable version. I had tons of issues with robots.txt file yesterday. It was unavailable and was being infinitely rerouted.

Not sure if this is a Bricks bug but I’ve never had this issue with any other theme before.

Are you using an old RankMath version? My sitemap settings look like this and don’t produce any error:

Im running the new version of Rankmath Pro: v3.0.25

This seems (at first glance) like an environmental issue since it seems nobody else has this issue (or haven’t reported it yet at least). I tried to reproduce this but also cannot see any issues with that setting.

Do you have access to your web server logs by any chance to see if any specific errors are coming up after enabling that setting in Rank Math? That’d be helpful if so.

Also have you tried disabling other plugins to see if there’s a conflict in any of them?

1 Like

I everytime do fresh-install with new rankmath & bricks, never had a problem with that. Agree with you, seem like env problem.

1 Like