SOLVED: Noticeable Builder Lag Using ACSS

Thanks using Bricks in incognito mode has helped a lot. Getting slight lag but not bad enough to cause issue and once I refresh I can go for a long time with no lag so it’s made using acss in Bricks much more useable.

Appreciate the help!

1 Like

I have the same issue with Bricks 1.5.7 and Automaticcss, it’s very annoying!!

Details I am interested in knowing here is where the site editing is being performed?

Is this on some localhost or over the internet? If over the internet, is caching turned on?

Thanks

I am using a localhost to practice.

Ok, which local server? The default for the OS? Flywheel Local? MAMP? Something else?
What OS? Version numbers of OS, Server software?
What other plugins are you using for Wordpress?
What configuration of computer hardware?
Is the internet live and available during your work? What kind of connection?

If you provide details, it’s easier to look at the question and give better answers.

Looks like there is some memory issue somewhere.

Refferences the same:

Automatic CSS users notice the same lag times and high memory usage when using ACSS within Bricks.

I have to say it does feel like a memory leak, because it only happens as time goes on and then refreshing seems to fix it for a while before it starts to lag again.

1 Like

Have updated my computer. i7 9750H, 64 GB RAM and i use Chromium as a Browser now. So far no bigger problem with lagging. On my old computer from 2011 Bricks and ACSS was really not usable.

funny. feature requests is unmainted and we shouldnt expect answers there. now this is reported in bugs, also with no answers :smiley:
and yes, the lag is still real and massive

Indeed, the more complex the page, the slower the builder. Are developers aware of this?

1 Like

I have the problem on PC but not if I use Chrome on my Macbook.

Instead of permanently writing negative posts in this forum, you should spend your time and energy on making the errors you complain about reproducible, recording videos and taking screenshots. I am very sure that this would contribute much more to fixing bugs in a timely manner than constantly complaining about the supposed ignorance of the developers.

5 Likes

so you seems to know more about me and what i do as i know myself. ok, happens. but thanks for your great suggestion.

Don’t know nothing about you. Only see negative comments ranting about developers ignoring bug reports from you though. Couldn’t find any helpful post yet. But I’ll keep searching.

6 Likes

totally agree with what you said.

Not seeing ANY lags besides what might be minor. and if i’m using LOCAL as a test bed, then yes, laggy but that happens with or without plugins and ACSS. But same site on VULT HF box runs smooth and no hiccups.

spin up an Oxy build with ACSS and see if there is a lag? gotta test test test different scenarios to find the “needle in the haystack”.

FACTS:

• Bricks builder is great
  • It often results in an abundance of admin requests causing CPU overload and therefore super slow editor/site (which is an issue if you have more live sites on the server)
  • This has been reported many times
  • Bricks team is aware of the issue, but have not been able to solve it (yet)

Until then, we have to deal with it… use chrome, minimal tabs open, refresh when slow.

HOWEVER: it would be appreciated if Bricks devs/support keep us updated and always acknowledge the issue

exactly, since those things are issues i communicated that. very sorry. and if you look on first comment from your screenshot. there you will see a “nice, very nice! thanks!” for getting global options with animations. :kissing_heart:

If this is what you call “communicating” I recommend the following: https://www.voiceproinc.com/respect-a-communication-skill-that-brings-the-world-together/. But let’s leave it at that at this point. All the best to you.

2 Likes

yes all the best. ciao :kissing_heart: