Membership Plugin

Anyone tried any membership plugins yet to restrict pages? Nothing over the top, just something to restrict pages based on user level, or by page? I’ve been trying to get Ultimate Member to work, but I can’t seem to restrict the actual pages of plugin when edited with bricks, which seems odd. I’m just creating a Bricks page and putting the shortcode in, but it appears its not filtering out the content.

Thanks for any thoughts/recommendations.

2 Likes
1 Like

Sadly not found one that restricts content properly if edited by Bricks. Its the only reason I have not fully moved over yet, as all my sites are membership based.

UM doesn’t work. You can set the page restriction when you create a page, or edit it, in Gutenberg. However that restriction does not apply to the whole page but just some content. e.g. Create a simple page with Heading, Image and Rich Text in Bricks. When you view it without having the correct permissions then you see the Heading and Image but the Rich Text is replaced by the Restricted message.
UM are supposed to be rewriting V3 but no idea when that is due or what it will offer.

PaidMemberShipPro I’ve also tried. Very similar to UM in that you restrict access to the page/post at the initial Gutenberg page. If you then edit it in Bricks you get the same results with some parts of the page being displayed and others showing the Restricted Content messages.
PMP is my favourite but then I need many more of the membership functions than just content restriction.

Simple Membership Plugin. Just tried this. Works in much the same way as the other two.

It seems that there is no easy mechanism to restrict access to an entire page, just some parts of the content. Not sure how the plugins decide what constitutes “Content” that must be protected and what doesn’t.

BTW even the “Block the entire site as default” and then just expose a few pages to the public options don’t work.

So currently it seems you need to test your pages to see if you can live with the partial display or not.

Cheers
Alan

ARMember plugin is good for managing membership site. It gives support for Bricks builder - check here.

I love me Profile Builder (by Cozmolabs). Great plugin, fantastic support.