Is there any way to display image caption in image gallery inside the photo and not below it?

I want the captions to be inside the image. Right now they are displayed below the image which makes it look like it belongs to the wrong image in the gallery. This looks super weird. Its basically useless. I can’t use this because everyone will think the caption is for the wrong image.
I would also like the caption to be displayed when you enter lightbox. Can I style this somehow? Help?

Interestingly after I removed the spacing in the image gallery right now (which was set to 1) the captions jumped back inside the proper image. This is much better. I guess I just won’t use any spacing between the images now. Doesn’t look how I would want it to but whatever. I would still like to had the captions inside the lightbox though.

Hi. I am facing a similar issue with Captions : they are by default OVER the image. And I want them BELOW the image (lol…).

Also, when adding spacing to an Image Gallery, they apply to the caption (they reduce it’s spacing on the right side, as if a margin-right was applied…). For me this is a bug, should I report it in BUGs ?

We need much more granular control over the image captions.

The gallery is kinda poor in options.
Also I can’t get mobile version to work normally. The captions, when I switch to mobile, are not contained inside the image (even though I played around with font size) and are completely out of control (going over other elements).

I just created a Feature request for that. Please upvote it.

1 Like