Indicate in element styles when something is set via Theme Styles

Hey, Bricks Team, here’s a feature that would help me save what little hair I have left on my head :wink:

If I set a value in Theme Styles…

It would be phenomenally useful to somehow indicate that in the individual elements’ style settings:

I keep struggling with odd spacings when the style fields are empty, and it often takes me a while to remember what it was something I set in the theme styles… On top of that, there’s nothing on the canvas to indicate where that padding is coming from.

Right now, I have resorted to not using theme styles at all. I do think they’re an amazing feature though. I hope you can introduce some sort of indication. E.g, you could give fields a yellow top border, or simply put the value set through theme styles in there in grey (though I know that’s also what you do for inherited values in responsive design).

4 Likes

I’d like to see theme values displayed too, either in grey (like for any default values) and with a padlock underneath where the unit would normally be or some other colour to denote the value comes from the theme.

3 Likes

Yes … great idea! Should be solved this way. No one can remember each and every theme style setting :joy:

1 Like