IMPLEMENTED: Remove Bricks selector from CSS output on custom classes so the class can be used on different elements

• 1,000,000 Totally agree.

It would make things easier.

+1 This is a critical issue that needs to be addressed and fixed asap

1 Like

+1 agree, thats need to be adressed.

+1
do like the id… be able to turn off the classes :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for pointing out this possible improvement @touchdowntech.

The classes are currently applied to elements like this because of a technical decision in Bricks 1.0. A decision that was made way before Bricks had any global classes support. Definitely something we’ll address & improve, but it’s not gonna be tomorrow. Just to manage expectations.

I will share any updates I have about this in this post here.

16 Likes

nice to hear! but one question, what does not tomorrow mean? some kind of minimal timeframe would really help! thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great to hear Thomas.

Do we need to be afraid or scared that we have to adjust/update tons of sites and spend tons of time with fixing broken layouts as soon as the improvement has been launched?

1 Like

I believe it is not going to happen in the next update. Maybe it will come after 1 or 2 more updates, I assume?

so we got a block out of nowhere but have to hope for essential fixes like this. okok we’ll see. also waiting for an answer about the question “beziehungsweise” above

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks for the quick response!

1 Like

Nope.

Help with what? Does the current way the class-based styling is implemented prevent anything critical from working?

3 Likes

Thanks Thomas. Helps a lot!

I second this. There’s no need to chain the CSS class.

Hi guys,
We’ve added a “disable class chaining” setting in Bricks 1.7 beta, now available as a manual download in your Bricks account: Account – Bricks

You’ll find the setting under Bricks > Settings > Performance > Disable chaining element & global class

Once enabled global classes are output without the element class like: .my-global-class.
Meaning you can use your global classes on non-Bricks elements too.

If the feedback is positive, the next step is to provide one global class CSS file (when using the external file CSS loading method) rather than loading those rules inline.

Best regards,
timmse

8 Likes