How to show a category in the footer when you visit the site

Hi,

I made a footer with 2 post elements. The second and third part of the footer. In each post I have selected a specific categorie to show. Please check here https://helden-bureau.double-digits-growth.nl/

But when you go on a blog categorie page it doesn’t show to podcast part in the footer. Please check here Nieuws - Helden Bureau

And when you go to a podcast categorie page, it doesn’t show the posts part in the footer. Please check

All other pages like the shop or single post or something else does work fine, but above mentioned not. What can be the issue and how can I solve it?

Hi Anushka,

Sorry for the late reply. The posts element internal query merges with the main query in archive situations like the category archive. We know that this can lead to unwanted behavior, as in your case, and we’re currently thinking about solving this in one of the following versions of Bricks.

Best regards,
timmse

Thanks for the reply. I hope that it will be soon in the newest update. I will wait for that.

Hi Anushka,

we’ve introduced a new filter in Bricks 1.3.7: merge_query.

Using this filter in your child theme, you’ll be able to decide if a certain element query should be merged with the WordPress main query, in the archive or search templates.

Please check out the academy article about it to explore more: Filter: bricks/posts/merge_query – Bricks Academy

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like