How to: Instagram Feed without plugins

Fantastic work!

Is it a problem that the accessToken in the javascript is visible from the frontend?

Or should this be kept secret?

Jamie,

You are correct. It does show the accesstoken. Since my usercase is relatively small, I really don’t worry about being hijacked. Plus if there is an issue, we have a person managing the social accounts that can respond to that fairly quickly.

I am pretty sure you can pass the access token as a variable and use that instead. However, my JS abilities are rather limited which is why the code is not really up to standards.

If you can pitch in and make it better, by all means please do so. That way we can all learn from each other :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m learning, but I’ve got a long way to go. I’ll come back here and post a solution if I work something out.

1 Like

Looks like the “instant-tokens” thing is changing to a fee-based service, no longer free. Just a heads up.

1 Like

Well son of a motherless goat! Subscription is not expensive at all, but for something like this is probably not worth it.

Sigh, guess I’ll have to either deal with FB’s crap or use something like widg.io

2 Likes

Hahaha, I love it! I can’t wait to have the opportunity to say this. I might go and start an argument with someone just so that I can use it!! :rofl:

3 Likes