How to fix template not rendering in Frontend?

Bricks Version: 1.4
browser: Chrome

Hey guys I need emergency help. For some reason, my template shortcode is not rendering correctly the CSS styles in FrontEnd but on the backend shows correctly.

I do have Bricks settings > CSS Loading Method > External files activated. I did regenerate the CSS and cleared the cache.

I’m guessing it not rendering due to the external CSS files not being uploaded for the homepage?
I don’t know much about this, does anyone know?

Also wasn’t sure the best place to put this topic.

I think it will be easier to debug if you share post url. Does it load proper when you use inline style?

Yes, it loads properly as an in-line style, try trying to figure out why the external not working.

Do you use some kind of caching plugin?

Ya, i currently using plug-in WP Fastest Cache with basic cache settings.

Unless this cache is not working or not doing something right.

For now, i just switched back to Inline styles since it works.

@Scarly Are there any css file in the folder? wp-content/uploads/bricks/css ?

did u test it without caching and external Files?

@omega yes i have 21 .css files in bricks folder

@ARAKZ yup didn’t even cache the first time to see what happens. I also try switch back to inline and external and still the same thing. Inline works fine but not external.

My whole site is kind of busted trying to repair the damage but its quiet a lot. its been busted since 1.4 update wasn’t just switching to external files.

Any error in the console when using external files? I mean in the page source you can see those external files are loaded are not 404? Delete that cache folder and see if Bricks are regenerating new css files. It could be leftover.

Ya, i was thinking the same thing it keeps reading old files. So do i delete the CSS files in wp-content/uploads/bricks/css ?

As for console not sure how to really check but not seeing any page errors. however, i am having trouble changing old styles and not updating.

@omega holly cow, idk what on earth is happening to my website.

Hey @Scarly

It seems cache related. Here are the steps I would take.

1. Deactivate WP fastest cache and if using Cloudflare as a proxy (purge all cache inside Cloudflare) & change to inline CSS delivery inside bricks. Then check the front end in a NEW incognito browser (make sure you have no other incognito browsers opened and don’t use one that is already opened), how does it look?

If it is fixed, then we can work back.

1. First close the incognito browser and then go back to your website in the normal browser and change the CSS back to external files inside bricks (keep fastest cache deactivated)… save and then like before open a fresh incognito browser…how does it look?

If its still good then the issue lies with WP fastest cache (possibly pre-load as you have some console errors).

1. Close the incognito browser and then go back to your website in the normal browser and activate WP fastest Cache but remove the pre-load option, save the changes and then clear WP fastest cache so it clears the old pre-load rules. And once again open a new fresh incognito browser and load the website, you might want to do a normal refresh a couple of times so you cache is active…How does it look?

If its broken then seems an issue with WP fastest cache / if its working then its and issue with how they preload.

Hope that helps

1 Like

Hey @Michael thanks for the steps I going to try this out now. Hopefully can figure out what’s going on :frowning:

Okay seems no matter what I do or how many files I delete just nothing works. I decided to just leave my CSS loading to inline styles, external just doesn’t want to work for me. and I just trying to salvage/fix the CSS styles from what i can from this disaster. :confused:

Did you convert the old bricks files with the converter in the bricks settings?

Yes, I have and that worked for my custom coding. But no worries I will just refix a few CSS here and there, not much can be done sadly.

Ok, creo que tengo la solución y quiero dejarlo por aqui. La solución después de hacer todas las sugerencias anteriores: Mirar si la URLs de worpress son https://tusitio.com y no http://tusitio.com