Heading Separator: Full width or % option

Bricks Version: 1.3.4
Browser: Brave Version 1.30.89 Chromium: 94.0.4606.81 (Official Build) (64-bit)

The Separator on Headings is a great tool.

What would make it really useful is an option to set the width of it to be auto (ie to fill the rest of the field) not a number of pixels, or, second best, to have it configurable as a percentage of width.

As it is you have to specify the width of it in pixels. This means that not only do you have to pixel-fiddle to get the length of it to match up with other items that are above and below it, but, more importantly, when you’ve designed it for Desktop screen size, you then have to pixel-fiddle the length of it for each Tablet and Mobile.

Then, this doesn’t allow for different screen widths within the Tablet or Mobile category, so setting the pixel width for one device, will cause formatting problems for devices in the same category, with less wide screens.

Also if a screen is resized, as the width is currently set to a number of pixels, the Heading itself gets compromised.

If you set the separator width to nothing and then use the Layout Alignment to set the width. That allows you to set % and changes based on desktop or mobile etc.
Alan

2 Likes

Wow - Amazing. What a great fix. Thanks @alanj.

I’ve been bashing my head for a long time trying to fix this - Given that, is it going too far to say I think I love you? :slight_smile:

Lol maybe a little strong, but glad it worked for you.

1 Like