Give Animation its own menu section

Hey, guys!

Absolutely loving the builder so far.

I’d like to suggest a minor improvement to the UI of the left menu. I’m currently setting entrance animations for a variety of elements on my page. Everytime I select a different element, I have to scroll down all over again to the Animation part at the end of the Layout section. It makes it impossible to “click and compare” different element’s animations.

Besides, I believe that “Animation” deserves its own section, instead of being hidden inside “Layout”.

Thanks!

Beste regards.

Hi @caiofrison,

Welcome to the forum.

From my side, it feels a bit too much to give Animation a whole new menu especially as they are definitely not used in every elements.

Plus, and considering the fact that class management give you a lot of power in Bricks, you can easily reduce the number of clicks by calling the right animations from CSS classes very quickly.

But let’s see what other think.

Have a great day,
Thomas

in bricks animations can’t be assigned to classes

2 Likes

True but custom css can. Or, in my case, the classes themselves trigger an animation from a framework when declared. Just a way of saying that we don’t all use so much animation like that.

However, when I first read the thread, I thought @caiofrison was talking about a new menu tab (like the two “Content” and “Styling”). My mistake as it is totally true that a new “Animation” section inside the Style tab could be a wonderful idea to make life easier.

1 Like

Thanks for the input, guys!

No problem, Thomas. I indeed meant a section, not a tab. I also think it would make things a lot easier, as it’s something that’s slowing down my workflow quite a bit when working with animations.

These guys are doing God’s work with this builder.