SOLVED: Footer columns pulled together after update to 1.3.7 beta

Bricks Version: 1.3.7beta
Browser: Chrome 90

After update to 1.3.7beta the footer colums have no longer the width as before in 1.3.6.

This is screenshot of footer under version 1.3.6

Hi Joachim,

Can you possibly provide a live link or alternatively the footer as a template (dropbox, google drive or similar)? Without seeing the code or the structure and settings it’s hard to guess how you built your layout.

Edit: Regenerating the styles (bricks > settings > performance) may help :blush:

Best regards,
timmse

Hey Timm,

yes, of course :wink:

Footer Template under 1.3.7

Hi Joachim,

Please change your styles from internal to external and regenerate them. After that, you can switch back if you like. Suppose that fixes the error: cool! If not, setting the width to “auto” on the following containers (see screenshot) should solve it:

Best regards,
timmse

By the way, there is another problem that breaks your layout: the fixed height at this section. Remove it or set it to min-height: 350px.

Hey Timm,
tried to open the page in bricks, looks not really nice :man_facepalming:
editing makes no sense at all, even if there might be some column sets not correct…

Only rare formats are kept in Editor 1.3.7, most looks broken…

And it looks so AFTER changed CSS from inline to external, did not make any changes…

And all the same if I switch back to inline from external, still same issues in editor

If you want access to the test site, let me know via email, can give you full access to test, if you want/need.

Hi Joachim,

I can’t really judge what is wrong or right now, because I don’t know how the layout looked before. For me your page looks like this:

By the way, my name is timmse or Stefan - not timm :wink:

Hey Stefan,

Sorry for the naming inconvenience…

you can see the “original build” of 1.3.6 under URL:

The 1.3.7beta test is under URL:

Hi Joachim,
no problem :wink: Thanks a lot for the links, but… except for the footer and the section (fixed the section problem in dev tools), I can’t see any difference: https://vimeo.com/670006993/0d703bfd4d

ok :ok_hand:

what about the editor problem?

Hi,

clear your browser cache and try it in an incognito window. If that doesn’t help, please send your login credentials + a link to this thread to help@bricksbuilder.io and I’ll take a look :slight_smile:

Hey Stefan,
this morning I did a test with the backup-restore problem with akeeba on the test-site. Because the suggested solution from Akeeba did not work.

So currently I am not able to test what you suggest, but I will give it a try later on, when I can work again with 1.3.7beta

1 Like

Hey Stefan,
now I installed the beta on a different domain, so we can play with it.
Fact is, I installed the backup on a different computer and still edit shows all with bold letters.
Even deleting browser cache had NO effect.
There seems to be a deeper problem :wink:

I will write you an email with url, password and username :wink:

Another small hint:
Also checked with php 7.4 instead of php 8.0.13.
Same problems.
Leave it set on php 7.4 for now

With release 1.3.7 the width does NOT work anymore.
There seems to be a conflict with flex-basis, shrink and grow, maybe…

you can check on my beta URL that I sent you yesterday.
Made a new restore, which was fine with 1.3.6 but after updating the childs of flexbox seems to have a problem :wink:

Hi,

Bricks 1.3.7 introduced min- and max-width settings and removed flex-shrink: 0, that was inserted before “automatically”, when a width was set. Can you please change the password back to the one you set yesterday, so I can login again?