SOLVED: Flying Blind - Shortcodes Not Showing When Editing

I am using the Geo Directory plugin that uses shortcodes. The shortcodes are not rendering in Bricks Builder editor and many don’t show up at all. So feels like I am flying blind. In this case most of the entire page is shortcodes for the listing detail pages.

The page looks good.

My question: "is there a setting I missed or way to get better control when editing in Bricks?

Hi Charlie,
first of all welcome to the forum!

Just to make sure, you’re using this plugin, right? Business Directory Plugin | GeoDirectory – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org
Which Bricks version are you currently using?

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

I should chime in here, I also notice no shortcode showing while editing

Yes that is the correct plugin - Geo Directory.

I am using Bricks version 1.3.6 now. I had initially tried it with 1.3.7 beta and it was worse with the beta.

Hi Charlie,

sorry, it took a bit time to setup geo directory and understand how it works :sweat_smile:
I’ve tested with the upcoming Bricks 1.3.7 (stable) and as far as I can see, shortcodes work as expected.

Would you be so kind to test it again when 1.3.7 is released? It will most likely not take too long :wink:

Best regards,
timmse

timmse,

Thanks. Gosh I could have given you access to my staging site. I didn't know that you were setting up the plugin but thanks so much for going the extra mile!

I agree the shortcodes work as expected. What I was saying that in the Bricks Builder it is very difficult to see how to edit and design the page. Many of the shortcodes just don’t show up in the builder. It is the backend in the builder that I am having issues with.

I have used another builder that had an option for “do not execute shortcode in builder” and it gives you a place holder only so that might be something to consider.

But some of the shortcodes just do not render inside the builder… they render fine on the front end… and because of this it is like flying blind when editing in the Bricks builder.

Haha yeah, but when I do it myself I still learn every day :slight_smile:

But as you can see in my screenshot, I am right inside of the builder and the shortcodes are showing - at least the three I have used. As I said, please test it again once Bricks 1.3.7 stable is released.

If there are still problems, get in touch!

1 Like

Hi Charlie,
with Bricks 1.5beta we’ve introduced a new render method: WP REST API Render instead of Ajax. Right now, this is an experimental feature but worth giving it a shot. We’ll improve it over time. If you encounter any issues with it, you can disable it within Bricks » Settings » Builder.

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like