SOLVED: Direction of Container

Bricks Version: 1.3.3
Browser: Firefox

Why is it that the default direction of a container is Vertical yet the icon isnt highlighted? Also the Horizontal icon can be clicked multi times, it should be only once. The Align Main Axis and Align Cross Axis icons should have a default icon highlighted. The End and Start Main Axis should be the opposite effect when using the Reverse icon.

Thank you so much for your feedback about the container controls.

As the container direction is always “Vertical” by default and one of the most used elements we assumed there is no need for extra highlighting. The same goes for the Alignment settings. But we will definitely monitor and see if more people require the extra highlighting.

“Horizontal icon can be clicked multi times, it should be only once” - You can toggle the direction and alignment container controls by clicking them a second time, yes, that is the intended behavior.

The “Start” and “End” icons are mapped to their underlying CSS values. Which is always “flex-end” for the “End” control and “flex-start” for the “Start” alignment, no matter if the direction is reversed or not. If you hover over the control titles you can see the underlying CSS property that the container setting is changing.

Version: 1.3.6

When I select a Container which has the horizontal direction the “Align Main Axis” and “Align Cross Axis” icons are always shown as columns. Clicking on Direction > row fixes the icon direction.

Feature request:
I wish there was a “Stretch” selection for “Align Main Axis”

Hi Flex,

Thanks again for your report. I’ve also added this to our bug tracker.

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like

Hi Felix,
this bug is fixed in Bricks 1.3.7.

Best regards,
timmse