NO BUG: Custom Styling in <span> not working

Bricks Version: 1.5.7
Browser: Chrome latest + FF latest
URL: span issue – Blueprint

@nightowl and I discussed this today. We tried to add a span tag to a heading, which worked. However, that doesn’t work with the styling.
The span has received a class from me “text–yellow”.
I created this class in Bricks and placed it on a text.

This is inside my Heading

I am a heading with span <span class="text--yellow">Class added in</span> Bricks

The text is yellow, but the span is not…
Am I doing something wrong here?
I don’t think so because if I write the class with WP Codebox or add an ACSS class it works.

I’ve created a test page for you to inspect.
https://labs.tobiashaas.info/span-issue/
The text below always has the same class as the span in the heading

It looks like Bricks can’t render this properly.

Thanks for your support

4 Likes

+1 for this issue. I think @tobiashaas may have started his testing based on a discussion we were having earlier. If so, thanks man :+1:

1 Like

thats no issue for bricks team. you must use custom css and not bricks for styling a span. many brought up allready.

can you explain why it shouldn’t be an issue? or share a link on a similar topic?

for me it is an issue because styling is not adopted here! makes no sense for me if I have the tools in Bricks and have to write an extra custom code.

1 Like

ask them. i gave up. for me and others its a massive issue. same issue for animations.

This is directly related to this thread. When you create a class with Bricks, the CSS selector is over-qualified to that specific element. In your case, the CSS selector created is .text--yellow.brxe-text-basic which will only target other basic text elements with that class.

Until we receive updates, the only thing you can do is write out the CSS manually.

2 Likes

now that you mention it i know what’s going on. I know the problem.

thank you for reminding me, hope they will fix this

Hi Tobias,
Thanks so much for your report!

As has already been explained, the problem arises from the chaining of classes, which we will definitely address in a later version.

Best regards,
timmse

5 Likes

Any update on the fix of this issue? DUPLICATE: Bricks adding Classes with Specificity

2 Likes

Could this be fixed on priority ? It is really difficult to work with this bug.

2 Likes

Please provide update on issue: DUPLICATE: Bricks adding Classes with Specificity

1 Like

any infos about span styling with bricks? thanks