WIP: Conditions (UI) does not work on ACF repeater fields or sub fields

I cannot get conditions to work when targeting an ACF repeater field (row) or an ACF sub field.

Targeting the native WP custom field works, ala; {cf_sh_avstander} instead of {acf_sh_avstander}.

See attached image. For illustration purposes, I’ve set them both up, but only the top one actually works.

Hi Stein,
Thanks so much for your report!

Which version are you currently using? Please edit your report and add the version number.

However, I was able to reproduce the issue. Checking the ACF repeater values requires using the ACF have_rows() function, so comparing to empty, null or similar doesn’t work in this case.

Best regards,
timmse

3 Likes

Hey Stein,
Quick question: do you query the ACF repeater with a loop on the page? If not, you should try that. Then the conditions should work :v:

Hello timmse,

Thank you for looking into it.
I’m not sure I understand what you mean :no_mouth: Could you elaborate?

Stein

I thought we can check repeater field like that too, but apparently not:

1 Like

To be able to use the ACF repeater values, you must query them with a query loop, otherwise they are not available and therefore cannot be used in the conditions. This is our variant of the ACF have_rows() function.

So: Add an ACF Repeater query loop so that the entries are queried and accordingly available, and test the condition again.

Having this exact issue, any Bricks admins solution to this yet? I added a true/false tick box as a work around for now but not ideal