WAIT: Compatibility Issue with MemberPress Rules

Browser: Brave/Chrome Latest

I have a compatibility issue to report with Bricks and MemberPress Rules. MemberPress Rules, used to protect content, are not applied to pages built with Bricks, and I’m not sure why.

To test:

• I cleared my server cache, and I cleared my browser cache.

• I tested the issue in multiple browsers and found the same issue.

• I built a template using Bricks and the page is not protected even though it has a rule protecting it - THe page is currently accessible to the public. It should not be. Here’s a regular page not built with Bricks: https://dev-aurras.pantheonsite.io/account/a-test-page/ - this page seems to be protected with the rules set in MemberPress.

• I turned off non-essential plugins, leaving only bricks and MB active and the issue persists

I’m using Bricks 1.7.3. I placed an MB shortcode that protects content inline and that does seem to work but the page should display a login form since it’s protected.

I have reported this issue to MemberPress as well.

Also reported here: Memberpress plugin is not protecting bricksbuilder content - I have submitted a ticket to Bricks support also.

MemberPress and other content restriction plugins (like SureMembers) often don’t play nicely with themes/plugins (like Bricks and Oxygen) that do a lot of their own fancy front-end rendering.

You can get around a lot of these issues by using MemberPress to assign User Roles and then using Bricks to display content conditionally based on those roles. More info here: WordPress User Roles - MemberPress User Manual

That doesn’t directly address what you’ve pointed out in your post, but it’s definitely the quickest and easiest method of using tools like MemberPress with builders like Bricks.

I appreciate your input here. MemberPress and Bricks does work, but certain things just don’t, and I’ve found some workarounds. I can tell MemberPress to redirect users who don’t have access to a page, which works, but I’d rather display the page, display the login form on that page or show partial content, etc. And that’s the part that’s currently incompatible.

We’ll see how far I get. I can still proceed in my work at least. We’ll see if a resolution can come of it.

MemberPress offers PHP functions for content protection based on membership IDs.

When configured and used properly it works just fine. We use it on BricksLabs.com.

100% and that’s what I’ve been using instead <?php if(current_user_can('mepr-active','rule:1')): ?>Content to protect<?php endif; ?> - I’m just reporting that a specific feature isn’t compatible currently. If I enable Redirects inside of MP it works fine.