IMPLEMENTED: Change default heading level to H2?

Hi all,

It seems I use H2 headings a lot more than H3… What about you?

Maybe default to H2 for heading element and leave H3 for sliders or other containers?

4 Likes

Hi @yankiara, nice idea. I do that most of the time too. Love to change it.

Don’t change it but maybe add an option under theme style to set it as you want.

6 Likes

Almost 1 year ago. Is there an update? I couldn’t find a setting for it.

I also find H2 much more useful. I’m just clicking unnecessarily and sometimes forget to change my headings to H2. I always have to check with a tool.

Changing the default h3 to h2 in Bricks core is not viable as everyone who did not explicitly set an “HTML tag” on the individual heading would have an h2 after updating instead of an h3 :upside_down_face:

I think @alanj suggestion to provide the default Heading “HTML tag” as a theme style setting, is the way to go.

Could look like this:

bricks-theme-styles-heading-default-html-tag

Might also need to provide a filter (PHP) for that. Because if the theme style is not applied to the “Entire website” that could be a problem. As the heading tag would resort back to h3 on pages where the theme style does not apply.

6 Likes

As a theme style is a great idea.

Won’t affect existing sites and on new sites you can activate it at will. :ok_hand:

Hi guys,
With Bricks 1.7.1, now available as a one-click update in your WordPress Dashboard, it’s possible to set a default header tag in Theme Styles.

Note: If you haven’t set your h3 tags explicitly (i.e. just inserted them and not manually set them to h3), they will change as soon as you change the default tag in the theme styles. Accordingly, the setting makes sense especially for new websites.

Best regards,
timmse

1 Like