Button edit with Bricks on Gutemberg

Hi!

I am an Elementor Pro user, and this weekend I have installed Bricks and I’m testing it.

I have this first situation:

1- create a page with bricks
2- after that, I clicked in the “Edit page” admin bar and I see this:

No Edit with Bricks over the Gutenberg editor. This could cause some confusion for my clients.

But I should see the “Edit with Guthemberg” button hover the Gutenberg editor as you show on Gutenberg – Bricks Academy

I try to activate and deactivate The Guthemberg options on bricks settings with no success.

Can you help me?

Thank you.

Hi Raul,

Welcome to the forum!

Clicking on “Edit Page” will always lead you to the WordPress Post or Page as usual. But there is an “Edit with Bricks” option, that will lead you to the Bricks Canvas.

Unfortunately, the screenshots in the academy are a bit outdated and will be replaced soon.

Best regards,
timmse

Thank you. You don’t get the point, or maybe I do not explain correctly.

I know you can click on the edit with Bricks, but the question is not that.

If one page use the Bricks editor, I think it should show a yellow button in place of Gutemberg editor. As Elementor or other editors use.

This way, editors will easily know that page use the Briks builder, not the Wordpress editor.

Hi Raul,

Maybe both may be :v:

The difference with Bricks is, that you can use Gutenberg Content and Bricks Content side by side, if you like. That’s why the Gutenberg Content isn’t “blocked” with an “Edit with Bricks” button by default.

If a page is a Bricks page, it is marked with “Bricks” in the pages overview.

And if you’re inside a page and the Gutenberg Content is empty but has content on the frontend, it will most likely have been created with Bricks. The main question is if you would like your clients to edit complete pages rather than only content.

Best regards,
timmse

Version 1.3.6 have a bug on this function, and it’s not working. I have submitted a ticket to the support and they have confirmed that. On 1.3.7 this bug will be ok.

But anyway, I think if a page is rendered with Bricks, it’s not logical to have the WP editor enabled (or visible). It could be hidden with an option to show it if necessary.

Don’t you agree?