NO BUG: Background Parallax Effect

Bricks Version: 1.2.2(missing since 1.2)
Browser: Chrome 90
URL: https://local.jtdkitchen.com (no Parallax Effect or Fixed Background in use here)

Hi Bricks Team,
I don’t think it is a feature request, so I report it as a bug because this option was available and worked fine before Bricks 1.2.

Since Bricks 1.2, I noticed that the Parallax Effect for the background image is no longer available. But, I saw a small note that says choosing “fixed” for Parallax Effect. So, I chose “Fixed”. But, I don’t see my background image is scrolling with the Parallax Effect(it’s just fixed position). Then I check in the setting, and I can’t find the field that allows me to choose this option. Is this option missing accidentally, or I missed any step for the Parallax Effect?

Additional
Here is a screenshot I took from Bricks 1.1.3

To view the Parallax Effect → https://kitchencabinet.my/ (it’s currently with Bricks 1.1.3)
*The Parallax Effect is in use for the first section.
*I will only update it to the latest when this Parallax Effect is back.

[Please describe in as much detail as possible how we can replicate this bug]

Yes, I also miss the parallax effect very much :cry:
But I really hope it comes back quickly and preferably with settings for intensity and direction.

1 Like

Hey @HeroRox and @jornes

We decided to remove the parallax feature that was present in Bricks1.1.3 as there were a few issues with it and also lacking support for mobile devices.

We are currently looking for a more suitable alternative that will address the issues we were present with the previous parallax library.

Thank you for your continued patience while we address this.

Best Regards
Kolahn

1 Like

@Zansus Okay!
I look forward to seeing the coming Parallax Effect. I don’t mind this does not work with the mobile view(I don’t like too). It’s good for some elements in desktop view as it makes the entire website a different taste.

Thanks for the info. I’m very excited about your new solution. (I don’t know, but maybe scrollmagic.io is an interesting solution).

Hi @HeroRox

Thanks for this suggestion. I will refer it to Thomas and see what he thinks about it. :+1:

With Thanks
Kolahn

1 Like

Any news about Parallax Effect? It would be nice to have news about, I like that feature too in desktop mode.

2 Likes

I don’t see any possibilities for this to be added back to the builder anytime soon. If you need it urgently, you can consider BricksExtras(if you don’t have it).

1 Like

I see, one time I maybe try it, its not soo urgent for now. Anyways its overwhelming to have so many addons one can use: https://bricksdirectory.com/

For now I only have bricksable which is free, but did not use any element of it. Not yet

1 Like

Yes. Then you may start with Bricksable for your project.

Anyway, Bricksdirectory.com is a nice directory for Bricks. And bricksbible.com too.

1 Like

Hello, do you any news about the Background Parallax Effect in bricks ?
I need it for a new urgent project.

Is there alternatives ?
I don’t know if Bricksextra parallax scroll is the same function.
thx

I think you can try their addons in a sandbox mode.

Thanks Jornes, i have just tried it. Id did nothing more.
Background is always fixed, no animation…

Maybe i will try it : How to create parallax effects using Rellax.js in Bricks – BricksLabs

Is it a joke from Bricks that they are not able to create a Parallax on the background-attachment?
How other third party developers can do it but you can’t?
It is a thing that is simply must have.

Did we ever get a parallax option in core? Anything coming?

Hi Zack,
There is already a request for it on the idea board: Idea board – Bricks

Make sure to upvote even more :rocket:

Idea board? I’m new to Bricks as of two days ago, but have been creating parallax elements in web design for over 10 years, always including mobile. Am I to understand that Bricks has no feature to create parallax elements of 3-9 layers of images and text?

Hi Derek, welcome to the forum! Correct, there is currently no parallax feature - but as I said, there is already a request on the idea board, where any user can submit new feature requests, which may then make it onto the roadmap. Here you’ll find more information on our user-driven development process.

Nevertheless, you can of course already integrate and use any parallax library via custom code. Just because feature x or y does not yet exist does not mean that it is not possible :fist:

I was just looking for a way to create a parallax effect as well when I found this thread. Imo this is rlly a MUST in a pagebuilder. And what I don´t understand is:

If it was there before in an earlier version of Bricks (which seems to be the case) then this shouldn´t be put on the idea board again cause people expected to have it already in Bricks. This is not a new feature that now has to be upvoted and MAYBE find its way in the builder but an old feature which was removed and never came back.

And ye, I agree that this can be done with custom code but it´s still a bummer that a pretty basic feature like this isn´t available in Bricks anymore even though it was already there.

(Sorry if this sounded a bit harsh. I´m a huge fan of Bricks! :yum: :heart: )